*Vendor spaces for Ames Pridefest 2019 are now full*
Thank you to everyone who applied to be part of the largest LGBTQIA+ event in Ames!
Alban Lake Publishing
Central Iowa Psychological Services
Cutting Edge Pride
The Grove Apartments
High Class Glass
Munn Woods Studio*
Nerd Art Facepainting Company
Ria Keinert, Woman of Many Talents
Sticcer Wiccan & Ruth Harvey
Booth sponsored by Iowa State University Ivy College of Business
Story County Democrats
Virago Doula Services
Warren for President
ACLU of Iowa
Ames Progressive Alliance
Ames Roller Derby Association
Ames United Church of Christ*
Amnesty International Group 40
Bailing Out Benji
Collegiate Presbyterian Church*
Collegiate United Methodist Church and Wesley Foundation*
First Christian Church
Food & Water Watch
Four Oaks Family Connections - Foster Care and Adoption
Greater Iowa Credit Union - Ames
Heart of Iowa DSA
HUGS FROM MOMS
Iowa 4-H Youth Development
Booth sponsored by Iowa State University Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Iowa Atheists and Freethinkers
Iowa Safe Schools
ISU LGBTQA+ Faculty and Staff Association
ISU University Library*
ISU Women's and Gender Studies Program
League of Women Voters of Ames and Story County
Lesbians of Iowa
Moms Demand Action
Octagon Center for the Arts
Planned Parenthood North Central States
Prime Timers of Central Iowa
The Project of Primary Health Care
St. John's by the Campus
Tax March Iowa - Project of Iowa Citizen Action Network
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Ames
University of Northern Iowa
*Denotes the vendor is also a sponsor of Ames Pridefest
frequently asked questions for vendors
Consideration and Requirements
- Deadline for first consideration is Friday, August 2 at 5:00 pm
- The vendor application process will close Friday, August 16 at 5:00 pm, or when all vendor spaces are assigned, whichever comes first
- Selection of vendors and vendor placement is at the sole discretion of the Pridefest committee. The committee will prioritize local and non-profit organizations, organizations that most directly align with the mission of Ames Pride, and those organizations that have partnered with the work of Ames Pride throughout the year.
- If multiple spaces are desired, fees for each space will be assessed
- Applicable vendors must provide (within 5 business days after approval by the committee) proof of insurance and health certificates in accordance with laws, ordinances, and codes governing public sales
- Payment will be due within 5 business days after vendor approval by Pridefest. Approval can be revoked at any time before payment is received. Payment is not refundable.
- Applicants and day-of-festival contacts must provide timely response to communication from Pridefest vendor coordinators. Most communication will take place via email leading up to the event.
- No electrical access, tables, or chairs will be provided by Ames Pridefest
- No shelters, tents, canopies or similar will be provided by Ames Pridefest - festival will take place rain or shine
- Canvassing outside of your vendor space is not allowed
- No dumping into the city drainage system will be permitted. This includes, but isn’t limited to, grease, cleaners, excess beverages or food debris.
- Unregistered vendors or vendors found in violation of any policy, ordinance or law will be asked to leave and any paid fees will not be refunded.
The festival will take place on Douglas Avenue between 6th Street and Main Street and on 5th Street between Duff Avenue and Kellogg Avenue.
The festival will not be canceled because of rain or snow. This is an outdoor event; be prepared for any type of weather. Tents, canopies and pop-ups must be secured to withstand the weather.
- Vendors should discuss any preference of placement or special requirements after acceptance by Ames Pride.
- Large vehicle/trailer vendors must arrive between 9:00 and 10:00 am
- All vendors must be in place by 10:30 am
- Smaller vendors should note they may need to carry all supplies in place
- All vendors must operate between the hours of 11:00 am and 8:00 pm
- Late arrival and closing early is prohibited
- Failure to operate during the entirety of the event may result in denied participation at future events
Supplied by Pridefest
- Trash bins located around festival grounds
Items for Vendors to Consider Bringing
- Change/credit card processing
Right to Refuse Vendor
Ames Pride reserves the right to reject a potential vendor that does not meet the spirit of the mission and values of Ames Pride, its partners and Ames Pridefest. Under no circumstance can Ames Pride accept funding or donations directly from tobacco or alcohol companies. Companies that sell these products may be approved.