frequently asked questions
Consideration and Requirements
- Deadline for first consideration is Friday, August 2 at 5:00 pm
- The vendor application process will close Friday, August 16 at 5:00 pm, or when all vendor spaces are assigned, whichever comes first
- Selection of vendors and vendor placement is at the sole discretion of the Pridefest committee. The committee will prioritize local and non-profit organizations, organizations that most directly align with the mission of Ames Pride, and those organizations that have partnered with the work of Ames Pride throughout the year.
- If multiple spaces are desired, fees for each space will be assessed
- Applicable vendors must provide (within 5 business days after approval by the committee) proof of insurance and health certificates in accordance with laws, ordinances, and codes governing public sales
- Payment will be due within 5 business days after vendor approval by Pridefest. Approval can be revoked at any time before payment is received. Payment is not refundable.
- Applicants and day-of-festival contacts must provide timely response to communication from Pridefest vendor coordinators. Most communication will take place via email leading up to the event.
- No electrical access, tables, or chairs will be provided by Ames Pridefest
- No shelters, tents, canopies or similar will be provided by Ames Pridefest - festival will take place rain or shine
- Canvassing outside of your vendor space is not allowed
- No dumping into the city drainage system will be permitted. This includes, but isn’t limited to, grease, cleaners, excess beverages or food debris.
- Unregistered vendors or vendors found in violation of any policy, ordinance or law will be asked to leave and any paid fees will not be refunded.
The festival will take place on Douglas Avenue between 6th Street and Main Street and on 5th Street between Duff Avenue and Kellogg Avenue.
The festival will not be canceled because of rain or snow. This is an outdoor event; be prepared for any type of weather. Tents, canopies and pop-ups must be secured to withstand the weather.
- Vendors should discuss any preference of placement or special requirements after acceptance by Ames Pride.
- Large vehicle/trailer vendors must arrive between 9:00 and 10:00 am
- All vendors must be in place by 10:30 am
- Smaller vendors should note they may need to carry all supplies in place
- All vendors must operate between the hours of 11:00 am and 7:00 pm
- Late arrival and closing early is prohibited
- Failure to operate during the entirety of the event may result in denied participation at future events
Supplied by Pridefest
- Trash bag
Items for Vendors to Consider Bringing
- Change/credit card processing
Right to Refuse Vendor
Ames Pride reserves the right to reject a potential vendor that does not meet the spirit of the mission and values of Ames Pride, its partners and AMES PRIDEFEST. Under no circumstance can Ames Pride accept funding or donations directly from tobacco or alcohol companies. Companies that sell these products may be approved.